The most difficult task in the world is to wait for that which we are in a hurry for. I already shared with you PS3 games installation process via USB. But as you know PS3 only support FAT32 formatted USB drive and FAT32 formatted drive won’t allow you to send over 4GB file. Of course, you can split PKG files using few tools, but it’s time-consuming right? You can transfer PS3 Games from PC to PS3 via LAN and get High transfer speed.
Keep in mind that this process is only for CFW users. This also works for OFW/HFW/HEN console but the method is a bit different. Here I’m sharing with you Fastest Way to Transfer Games to PS3 via LAN cable. Make sure your console has installed PS3 CFW firmware for this process also requires web-man or Multiman 4.85. Once you have installed both of these you can go with below-mentioned steps. Be ready this process gonna be increase your PC to PS3 game transferring speed up to 30Mbps. Connect your PS3 to PC via LAN cable and let’s get started.
Fastest Way to Transfer games to PS3
- Go to network & setting on your computer.
- Change the adapter option.
- Open Ethernet property.
- Open Ethernet protocol version 4 (TCP/IPV4) Property.
- In general IP address: 10.1.1.2, Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0, Default Gateway: 10.1.1.1
- Use the following DNS addresses, Preferred DNS Server: 10.1.1.1, Alternate DNS server: 10.1.1.100
- Go to PS3 and setup internet connection.
- Leave everything default just enter manual DNS and IP address.
- IP address 10.1.1.1, Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0, Default Gateway: 10.1.1.1, Primary DNS address: 10.1.1.1, secondary DNS address: 10.1.1.100
- Install irisman or multiman on your PS3 console (I recommend Irisman)
- Run Irisman and press the start button.
- Activate FTP server. (Your IP address should be 10.1.1.2)
- Run any FTP server software on your PC of your choice. (I recommend Filezilla)
- Go to File>Site Manager and create a new site.
- In general Host: 10.1.1.2, Port: 21, Encryption: Use explicit FTP over TLS if available, Logon Type: Normal, User: FTPD12345, Password: 12345.
- In Transfer settings – Transfer Mode: Active, Check limit number of simultaneous connections, Maximum number of connection: 1
- leave other things default and click OK.
- Select your created site to connect your PS3 to PC.
Note: Sometimes it shows errors like timeout and others. You can retry and simply ignore them.
Open CMD (Command Prompt) as administrator and type 10.1.1.2 – t. If you got connection with timeout. Reboot your PS3 and PC and try again.
Just ignore this message. This message will never affect your connection or transferring speed.
You’ll need these
- PS3 Jailbroken console (PS3 Jailbreak 4.89/OFW to CFW 4.89/PS3 HFW 4.89)
- Multiman 4.84/4.85
- PS3 Irisman
- PS3 FTP Server
- CAT4/5/6 Lan cable
- A branded FAT32 formatted USB drive.
Summary: I told you in this article how to increase PS3 FTP transfer speed or you can say the fastest way to transfer games to PS3. Feel free to leave your feedback or issues in the comment section. Like my Facebook page and join us on discord for fast response.