Many of my users are asking me about how to mod GTA 5. This is also a very interesting question for me because I still not do any modification in any game. So, the mod is basically short of modification, this is an alteration process on any game by which you change some aspects or one aspect of a game. Like how it looks or behaves. Mod may range from some minor changes and pinch to complete remodel. Mod is also used in some games to increase their popularity or do some minor changes that leave behind at the time of development.
Some developers such as id Software, Valve Corporation, Epic Games, Bethesda Softworks, etc, provide extensive tools and documentation to assist mod makers. On some games, the mod is very popular so the player might have to clarify that they are referring to the unmodified game. There are six types of the mod: – Total conversion, Overhaul, Add-on, Unofficial patch, Art mod and Support continuation by the mod.
Brief about the six types of the mod:-
- Total conversion:- An existing game that replaces virtually all of the art assets in the original game
- Overhaul:- Significantly changes an entire game’s graphics and gameplay, usually with the intent to improve on the original game.
- Add-on:- Typically small mod which adds to the original content of a specific game.
- Unofficial Patch:- The existing game that fixes bugs not fixed by an official patch.
- Art Mod:- Most frequently associated with video game art or create for artistic effect.
- Support continuation by mod: – The game’s modding community continues the support and releases update for the license expired games.
So, that is all about the mod. Now we proceed to how to Mod GTA 5 on PS3. So let’s start.
Some requirements for Mod GTA 5 on PS3
- Mod File
- Desktop / Laptop
- A USB Stick (FAT32 Formatted)
- PS3 console
Steps of Mod GTA 5 on PS3
- Extract the required file in one folder
- Plug your USB drive and make sure is formatted with FAT32.
- Copy paste PS3 Mod PKG, Update HAN release file and HAN toolbox v0.5.
- Remove your USB stick from the PC and plug it to PS3 console near to BD drive USB port
- Please take a backup of your PS3 console before proceeding
- Run MiniWeb and remember your IP address which you get from MiniWeb
- Move to PS3 screen and open your internet browser.
- Press the start button and put the IP address which you get from MiniWeb
- Install HAN
- After that enable HAN
- Install HAN toolbox v0.5
- Reboot your console manually
- Now enable debug PKG mode
- Install GTA mod PKG
- Download Alex mode
- Now load your GTA 5 game
- You can use mod menu by pressing (L1+L3) or (L3+R3)
- Now you can open all the mod menu. Enjoy your game
Q: Will it work for me?
A: Yes, it will work for you 100%. Because we test it by yourself. We also published a video where you can see how we did it and it’s working or not.
Q: Is it for CFW or OFW?
A: CFW users have many ways to mod GTA 5 game. Because they have access to multiman. Also, they can access his console hard drive through the file manager. But CFW users have limited options. So, this trick is especially for CFW users. At last, both users can use this trick to mod his GTA 5 game.
Q: Can I play online after mod GTA 5?
A: We didn’t test it online. If you are seeing an error unavailable. Then you need to modify your eboot file. But as I said in my earlier question answer. OFW users can’t access his hard drive, means they can’t modify any file. Soon, we will come again with new article and video where we will guide you how you can play GTA 5 online.
Q: Can I use mod internal GTA 5 game or it will work only with DVD?
A: Mod menu will work in both condition. But if you have GTA 5 game in your internal hard drive and after following all mod steps and it’s not working for you. Then you need to create a folder called “DVD” in XMB menu. After that launch your game and it will work for you 100%.
Overall that is a very simple process and you can easily follow it without jailbreak your ps3 console. Make sure your console on the latest version of OFW either 4.82 or 4.81, below then this may brick your console. So, if your console version is below then 4.81 then you need to update it.
Summary:- Finally I hope that you easily understand how to mod GTA 5 without any issue. Further, if you need any help then please write me. I will revert back to you as soon as possible. Please like and share my Facebook page and subscribe push notification for regular updates on games and software for free.